Mareeba Rifle Club Inc
The Mareeba Rifle Club first established a committee in 1906 with the club gazetted on 16th May, 1908.
The original range site was 1.5 miles from the township located at back of the racecourse.
Mareeba Rifle Club was mobilised for service in WW1 on 5th August 1914. Due to this, rifle shooting declined from late 1916 to 1918.
In 1926 a contingent of Mareeba rifle shooters travelled to Atherton for an inter-club shoot thereby refreshing the Mareeba club which was gazetted a second time on 10th September 1926. Much work was done and the range reopened on 12th June, 1927. The club had 60 members at that time.
Mareeba Rifle Club has since moved to its Roiko Rd site, where it has undergone some rigorous changes to progress to where it is today.
The club now shoots on Hexta targets, a state of the art electronic system, and has a dedicated and committed following among local shooters.